Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Gums

My gums are rotting.  Well, a nice Dentist way tosay it is that my gums are receding, but I like "rotting" better.  It catches my attention, and  gets me focused.  It is better to say we are aging than to say we are rotting.  It makes for a better day.  Anyhow, back to my gums.  I got some stuff put on my teeth to help fix some of this during my six month teeth cleaning appointment.  I came out of the dentist chair feeling so very clean.  I may be rotting, but I feel good!  I don't ever want to eat.  It would mess up the gleam in my mouth, that smooth feeling.  Not eating would be an unatural act though.

It got me to thinking about confession.  Spiritually, I feel at times that I am rotting away within.  I am an Irsh Catholic male, so sin is part of my spiritual DNA.  But when I come out of confession, I feel so clean.  I don't want to sin anymore, which in unatural for an Irish male.  But for a while, I will really take good care of my spiritual life, to maintain that good feeling, just like I will take care of my teeth.  Gotta go!  Time to floss.

2 comments: