Saturday, March 22, 2014

Missing Me

I recently left a parish where I was working, in Vero Beach, Florida, and wondered if people missed me yet?  No, they do not.  It seems that they think I am still there but that they are not at the same mass as I am each weekend.  This is good.  I can go away for a long time, and people don't feel any absence, or wonder where I went.  Maybe it is the same way in Boulder where I frequently preach.  People think I am always there, but not at the mass they attend?  I have just figured out how to be in two places at once, at least in the minds of others.  When I get back to a place I will simply say, "Oh, I have been here all the time, just not at your masses."

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back . I think perhaps one or two of us realized you were not here. You underestimate yourself !

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree; you have been missed!

    ReplyDelete