Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Trash Talk

We are not allowed to trash talk in my Boulder running club.  So I muzzle myself when I run with the group.  But recently, I was running in a local park here in Vero Beach.  I was out for a gentle run, having hammered the day before.  As I ran around a bend in the trail, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a Mom pushing a baby carriage as she ran.  A bit later in the run, I noticed that the carriage was catching up to me.  I could not let myself be passed by a Mom and baby carriage!  I picked up the pace.  Still she came closer.  Now I am running really hard as the carriage comes alongside me.  I make like I don't notice.  Then the shock!  Mommy says, "You going to let yourself be passed by a baby carriage, old man?" Happiness.  I had just met my new best friend in Florida: a trash talking Momma.

1 comment: