Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Flat Tire

I found a flat tire on my car in a parking lot here in Florida.  Yuk.  Big nail in the tire.  Anyway, after the usual whining, and fear based response, I got it taken care of.  Made me think.  My soul has holes in it from bad habits, character defects and bad choices.  I need the wind of the Spirit to blow some sanity back into my soul.  I need to be God-filled.  I pray and get God-filled.  Then I mess up and get flat and deflated.  Become useless.  Back to prayer, being helpful and so on it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Obviously not raised on a farm

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you decipher "not raised on a farm" ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an insightful idea, Fr. Terry. Flat tires can indeed be a metaphor to feeling useless and deflated, especially when we are emotionally empty. Good thing that you had that flat tire fixed. Till your next post, Father! :D

    Bobby Ladson @ George Town Shell

    ReplyDelete