Saturday, April 11, 2015

Ashley Judd

Due to travel and work, I did not get to watch much of the college men's basketball, called "March Madness."  But when I did watch the Kentucky team, the camera would often focus on a rabid Kentucky fan, who happens to be the actress, Ashley Judd.  I have seen her in movies and she is quite good.  She did not try and look glamorous.  She had on a Kentucky tee shirt and cap.  She was jumping up and down with joy or burying her head when things went badly for her team.  She did not seem to worry about  "what might people think."  She was not into image, which seems so important to Hollywood stardom.  I have seen other Hollywood types sit at games and just seem to look "cool."  Don't show too much.  Be careful how you are perceived.  Image is everything.  Jesus on the cross did not worry about image or how he was preceived.  The woman who washed his feet or anointed his head with expensive oil did not worry about how she was perceived.  I think a follower of Jesus has to stop worrying about what other people might think of them.  I think I will go and see Ms. Judd's next movie, and I don't even like the Kentucky basketball team.

No comments:

Post a Comment