Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Chiffonade

I have no idea what chiffonade means.  I was looking at a recipe for Kale salad.  You stem the kale, which I suspect means you cut away the stems.  So I read more about chiffonade to see if I could get a clearer idea.  "You roll up the leaves tightly." You then cut them into little bitty pieces.  You do the same with napa cabbage.  I guess this is chiffonade.  I see that recipe chefs are just like theologians and philosophers.  They think you understand the lingo and don't have to go research a word.  Oh, in this recipe you cut an apple into matchsticks.  How does one do that?  My fingers would be cut up too.  So you need a skill in cutting, which takes practice.  So it is in my field of theology and philosophy.  I studdied it so the lingo makes sense.  I can translate it as I read along into understandable thoughts.  If a theologain and a chef got to talking with one another, would they be able to communicate?  I think religion has a problem when it assumes words are simple and obvious when in fact they are not.  Maybe this is the key to my blogs.  I make it simple.  It has to be or else I don't know it myself!

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope you put some fish or chicken in the salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.insonnetskitchen.com/how-to-make-massaged-kale-salad/
    TRY THIS Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete