Monday, April 13, 2015

Fitted Sheets

Why can't men properly fold fitted sheets?  Since I am fitted-sheet challenged I have some ideas of the obvious shortcomings.  We never bothered to learn.  Our mothers did it.  Another reason, in case we did not have mothers to do it, is that men feel it is beneath them to fold sheets.  Also, men lack patience when they try to do things they don't want to do or resent doing.  So fitted sheet folding bring up a lot of shortcomings for us to work on which is a good thing.  Fitted sheets are graced filled if we can reflect on our attitude.  We lack patience.  We suffer false pride: Folding these sheets is beneath my manhood.  We see it as women's work.  We suffer resentment when we crumble the sheets up and stuff them somewhere because stuffed takes more space than folded.  Patience, false pride, resentment, judgment about women is a whole lot to work on.  I find housework a great opportunity for growth.  It is where I have to face the real me.

3 comments:

  1. I am a woman and I do not fold sheets and never have, I have one set of sheets per bed . I wash them , stick them in the dryer, go about my career and we put them back on the same day . The bed airs while I am at work . Problem solved ---no folding ever. I think many problems can be solved the same way---not as big a challenge as it would appear. Just " Stay Calm and Carry On" [ exception : the Brits has a HUGE PROBLEM]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men can sometimes demonstrate a lack of functional fixed-ness and innovation to traditional housekeeping methodology. Stuffing the sheets into the matching pillow case might take up more storage space, but when it comes to the drudgery of changing the bed, everything you need is in one handy kit. If only I could find the motivation to pick up the pillow case full of clean sheets that has been sitting on the stairs for 2 week and carry them up and put them in the linen closet... Need to do some work on slothfulness.

      Delete
  2. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. freak in the sheets

    ReplyDelete