Thursday, April 16, 2015

Post Op

After the confinement of surgery I have gratitude for what seemed like simple things I took for granted.  I can now walk freely.  I used to complain that walking was so unathletic and common.  I can bend over and pick things up off the floor.  I can dress myself.  We do not know what we have until we lose it.  Daily life is a treasure.  I never did get my NY crumb cake but someone in Boulder baked me a delicious bunt cake that was even better.  She is my new best friend though she rarely bakes.  My ardor could fade.  Oh! This is the new me.  Take nothing for granted.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are ok. I like the new attitude . How will this work in Snow Mass this summer ? Talk about being close to heaven. Had not been there in years and was in awe at the wealth and beauty all over again.

    ReplyDelete