Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sister Maureen

Today is the date of my sister Maureen's passing eleven years ago.  People who don't know of her death often ask me where she is now.  I talk a lot about Maureen in my parish mission stories.  I am not very theological or deep, but they are stories that seem to grab people where the live daily life.  I tell people that she is now in purgatory because that is where you have to go when you are mean to your angelic little brother.  People seem to doubt that Father knows what he is talking about.  So maybe Maureen is in heaven because God forgives big sisters or simply has a very low bar of acceptance into eternal life.  I think perhaps she is in heaven now and praying that her little brother suffer some in his healing but eventually get well and go break more church rules while making people happy in God's love.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I'm certain she's in heaven by now (11 years is a long time), and working hard for your healing. She probably thinks you need more time to become better !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always loved any Homily that began with "Some of you might that I have a sister named Maureen."

    ReplyDelete