Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Gospel Connection

On Easter Sunday I made a connection in the mass readings that I thought I had come up with all by myself.  I thought, "I am an original."  The congregations were impressed.  God had graced me with insight.  Two days later a parishioner came in with a page copy from a book by a famous scripture scholar.  He had come up with the same idea I had.  I thought to myself, "This scholar studied his brains out and went around becoming famous and earning lots of $$$ giving talks."  I have the same idea, but make no $$$, am unknown, and have no Ph.D.  This scholar is dead.  Was I channeling him?  Did God want this idea resurrected for today in Boulder?  God works in ways that amaze me.  My ego would have like the fame and my religious order would have liked the $$$.  This is not part of God's plan for me.  Sometimes when we become more we really become less.  Envy or jealousy can do that.

1 comment:

  1. For those of us who aren't fortunate enough to enjoy your masses, could you share your discovery? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete