Thursday, April 9, 2015

Surgery

Today I go into the hospital for surgery.  I am supposed to be out the same day, but I will be under general anesthesia.  When I read the lawyer language of the consent form I felt like there was a slim chance of survival, but should I live, I will suffer the rest of my life.  My doctor is much more reassuring.  A laser will enter my body.  The healing process will take a while.  I can and should walk, but not run or do weights.  No heavy lifting for a while.  I ask that you pray for my doctor who is also the laser man.  Hope he is having a good day and did not drink too much coffee this morning.  Aim is important in this surgery.  I do nothing.  When I go home later today my sister Jane, from California, will arrive to be with me for a few days, as I am going to be pretty limited in movement among other things.  There will be pain…maybe lots.  Pray I don't whine too much.  If you are in the neighborhood please bring Entenment New York Crumb cake if you find it.  Fresh stuff comes out on Friday and my sister does not know where the supermarkets are.  We always seem to run out of bananas.  Funny, I could be dying, but I am thinking of crumb cake, oh, and salad.  I fear starving more than death by laser.  We all have our fears and priorities.  Since I won't be doing much I have time to pray for you.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck today - to your doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you tell us. I will pray for you today. Also, will look for cake etc. Get in there, get re wired or whatever they are going to do and keep us posted. Sisters are great medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use this recouperative time to rest your mind spirit and body. Offer up any pain for those who will be leaving this earth the next few days...
    Take in the love and caring from those who care for you and the doctor who operates on you
    You are to be of service even as you are a patient...God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rezo por su salud. Saludos desde Perú.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be thinking of and praying for you -- usually the things we most fear don't happen (other things, however, do!)

    ReplyDelete