Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Ticket

Psalm 103 says, "God does not treat us according to our sins nor repay us according to our faults."  God is not like a policeman who gives tickets for wrong turns.  You make a wrong turn and you suffer the consequences.  My friend Michelle did just that and got a ticket.  Her wrong turn had consequences added to the ticket.  The money she had to pay for the ticket was going to take me for a very nice lunch.  So you see, mistakes affect others who are innocent.  I got no birthday lunch.  So I am relieved to know that God does not punish us as we might deserve.  I will be like God and not get upset at Michelle for making that wrong turn.  The lunch would have been a gift anyway.  I did not earn it.  Nor do I earn God's unconditional forgiveness.  That is a great gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment