Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Eternal Life

I think we waste a lot of time and lose focus when we think of "eternal life" as something that goes on after we die.  We speculate on what that might be like, how it might fit into time as we know time and so on.  For me, eternal life is about the present moment.  It is a kind of first things first.  If I am living in God, however I define God, then I am living in eternal life in the here and now.  I know I am living in God by taking time to meditate, and by thinking something of God, as I understand God, during my daily activities, routines and extraordinary events of each day.  Over time, God seems to come up in my consciousness each day.  Spiritual way of life is not extraordinary but rather in the ordinary.  I have found it to be so.  After I die?  That will take care of itself.

3 comments:

  1. What do you think of when you think of the Holy Spirit. This was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy rather than "think" about an abstract Holy Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same everlasting Father...today, tomorrow, eternity.

    ReplyDelete