Friday, June 2, 2017

The Sign

What is the sign that indicates we are on a spiritual path of growth?  For me, it is not that I pray more, or spend more time in church or reading my bible.  The sign for me is that I seem to give back more than I take.  What?  I am less focused on me and my wants, or fantasies, and more focused on giving or being of service to others, and without resentments.  I know people who give while complaining or building up their resentment list.  I have been there too.  I know times when I have meditated a lot and still was all about me or resentful of you...but with a smile.  A dose of honesty helps me to know if I am on the right track when I give or serve others.  If these blogs ever become work with resentment build up, I will stop doing them.

2 comments:

  1. The question then arises, if I cannot work or do some act of service without feeling resentful, is that I sign I should be doing something else? Or, how does one remove one's resentments instead of just repress them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look for what is behind your resentment. Is is fear? What bothers you might not bother someone else. Is is a power and control thing? A need for more recognition? The end of all this is acceptance, but one cannot go from resentment to acceptance without the self-examination.

      Delete