Saturday, September 8, 2018

Bondage

Whenever I am feeling a resentment, it is all about me.  I am not getting my way.  My plans are being thwarted.  My life is not working out and it is someone else’s fault.  I am not getting enough love, attention, praise.  And on it goes.  Bondage to self.  I used to try to fix things, people, and situations, so that I would feel better.  It did not occur to me that I might be the problem and I might be what needs fixing.  Each day, in the morning, and again later in the day or evening I mediatate.  That is, I sit with the problem, me.  I let God do the fixing.  I am somewhat powerless to fix the deep down part of me that is the source of so much discontent.  So the next time you are feeling resentful, irritable discontented, you might ask yourself how is your spiritual condition?

No comments:

Post a Comment