Thursday, September 20, 2018

Sunrise

Do you take sunrise for granted?  You don't feel an urge to go out and watch it even if you are able?  I bet you then take everyday daily life for granted too.  We do that.  We think there will always be another sunrise.  I will catch it in some future date or when I am on vacation at the beach.  So what to do?  Besides maybe watching a sunrise, we might think of the day's events before us as being worthy of awe.  We might pray to be open to the unknown, the surprise in our day, even if it is a flat tire.  The unknown can at times be beautiful, but never if we are into control and tasks, and self.  If you are a believer, who know what God might want to send your way?  Morning mediation helps me to get my focus right.  If you have a choice of reading this blog or going out to watch a sunrise,  I suggest, this once, go for the sunrise.  The blog will still be here when you come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment