Saturday, September 29, 2018

Liveability

I hear people talk about faith focused on its credibility.  I am more interested in the liveability of a faith.  Does your faith change your life so that you are more aware of the wonder within each person, and all around you?  If I can see the Graced Presence, the inner beauty of a person, see the wonder all around me that opens me beyond myself, then I will be less depressed, less resentful, angry, whinnie, and selfish.  This would be a good faith.  Many people have a doctrine-focused faith that appeals to the mind, but does not affect the heart too much to become transformed, to open to the beauty all around them.  Yes, people have faults, imperfections, can disappoint us, but they also have a beauty that is hidden within them, invisible to them in their worst moments.  But if we can see it and act out of that in-sight, then we might be able to help them to get out of themselves. That takes a lot of faith! I am living at 8,000 feet altitude and this dark morning had a very clear sky.  I went outside. Yes, it was freezing. But I looked up and saw all these stars filling the heavens, and thought, “The one who made all this, is in all this, loves little me.”  Awe is my faith boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment