Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Mom

My Mom died on this date 15 years ago.  I remember looking at her still and dead body and thinking, among other things, "This body gave me life."  It brought a "Thank you," to my lips,  in the midst of my grief and loss.  I was an amateur care-giver at the time, on the job training and my parents were my lab experiments.  They did not die from lack of my care.  At least that was not given as the cause of death.  To this day, of all the good things my Mom did for me, a bozo for quite a bit of my middle years, I am most grateful for the fact that she gave me life.  Her body brought me into this world and loved me, even when I did not so much love myself.  So this is a good day too.  It is a reminder to be grateful.  And for whom am I life-giving, with kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience and acceptance today?  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment