Friday, September 14, 2018

The Focus

If we focus only on the negative we might tend not to notice the positive, or what I call Grace, in the world around us.  You don't have to believe in God to take time to see and experience the positive and good things around you.  If I wake from a problematic dream, it means two good things, or graced things.  One, the dream is not my real life and two, I was getting some good REM sleep.  What about the health you do have?  Not the aches, and pains, but also the fact that you have a working mind to read this blog, to meditate or even exercise in some moderate fashion.  You might be sober whereas in the past you were hung over.  You are not sleeping under a bridge and so on.  I wake up and thank God for certain things before I get out of bed.  I ask to be of service to others and not become selfish and self-will run riot.  What are your first things?  Then put them first in your day.  Whining often leads to delay and procrastination.  I have found it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment