Thursday, December 19, 2019

A Blessing

When believers in a God begin to waver it is often because they had a setback.  Something happened and God did not bring down blessings.  You expected a blessing and did not get one.  Someone told me that when you don’t get a blessing, maybe you are getting a lesson.  So I have begun to look at situations that are not going according my plan or my plan for God’s action, to see if maybe there is a lesson to be learned.  I am surprised by the number of lessons I get each day.  The lessons are trying to teach me something about myself, something that might need a second look, a more mature or balanced approach than what I had been doing.  My lessons are enlightenment moments.  So in a way they are blessings, but not in the way I expected.  My expectations are often problematic.

No comments:

Post a Comment