Wednesday, December 4, 2019

The Chiseling Hand

Think of a sculptor who chisels away at a block of stone.  The Artist knows what potential the stone has to become something of beauty and grandeur.  The sculptor knows and the stone does not.  This is  a great metaphor for prayerful meditation.  I am the block of stone who is clueless as to where this meditation is going or to what I will become.  But each day that I meditate, God the sculptor is chiseling away at me, bit by bit, removing whatever gets in the path of me becoming all I am meant to be. I don’t ever have to know where my meditation is going.  I just have to do it each day.  Over time, as the bronze block becomes a work of art, I will become all the inner beauty my Creator made me to be.  I try not to be a blockhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment