Tuesday, December 31, 2019

End of 2019

Well, it is the last day of this fast moving year.  What have I learned?  I think of the Christmas Cactus.  It is supposed to bloom at Christmas.  I had one.  It has a mind of its own.  It blooms when it wants to, and pays no attention to my plans for blooming.  A metaphor for my plans and people, places and situations.  They all have their own plans and do not consult me.  I don’t always get what I plan for, what I want.  So for the coming year, 2020, I make plans with a pencil not a pen.  My plans might be erased or need to be erased by what actually happens over which I have no control.  So I will have preferences but remain open to lessons to be learned, usually hard lessons, for 2020.  Hope you are sober and safe today.  Lots of amateur drinkers on the road today.

No comments:

Post a Comment