Friday, December 20, 2019

Repair Manual

When you have something broken that you want to fix, and you are not quite sure what to do, it seems a good idea to look at the repair manual.  It saves me lots of time.  When I think I know what I am doing, or just don’t want to take the time to look at the manual, I usually waste a lot of time.  Things don’t get fixed properly.  So too, the spiritual life has a repair manual depending on what path you are on and what needs fixing.  I often need fixing, and everyday need a spiritual tuneup.  I have my Bible and Big Book as two of my repair manuals.  If I use them on a regular basis, I usually stay tuned up and don’t need a lot of major maintenance, and don’t completely break down.  My spiritual machine is quite fragile and defects of character can muck things up.  Maybe you are put together better than I and have less need of a daily repair manual.  Must be nice?

1 comment: