Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Travel

I have not traveled on Christmas Day in 17 years when my parents were still alive in Florida and I lived in Knoxville, TN.  I hear that it is a good day to travel.  We will see.  I am going to visit my LA sister, Jane and her family.  We will have Christmas, dinner, and then a week of football on TV and Oscar possible movies to see.  LA has all the movies.  I have this silly thought that while I am away, no one will miss me.  I will come back after a week, and people will say, “Oh, you were away?”  Silly as it is, and hopefully not true, it has a positive side.  I have friends and so I hope my friends will miss me.  If you have no friends, then you would not expect anyone to miss you, right?  So on this day, I celebrate the special gift of friends who are in my life.  I know that I will miss them while I am away.  It is what friends do on these special times of peace and love.  Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment