Wednesday, December 11, 2019

The Bill

Did you ever do a kind or loving act for someone and then send them the bill?  You did something for someone but then expected something in return.  I act thus and so with you, so you now have to act thus and so with me.  One of the ways to simply be kind and loving with no expectations or resentments is to act with gratitude.  Say what?  Be grateful that you can do any good at all.  Be grateful that you have a power to be helpful.  It could be worse, a lot worse, since you could be selfish, self-imploded, or not even with the power to do some good for another person or situation.  I have enough health to be helpful.  I have sufficient resources to be helpful.  People think well enough of me to ask me to be helpful.  There was a time when I could not even help myself and could not get out of my own self-pitying way.  So, yeah, I have a lot for gratitude.  I try not to “send the bill.”

1 comment: