Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Our Problem

I often don’t think that something is a problem until it becomes my problem.  I have been reading about accessibility for people who cannot hear, see or walk unaided, for instance.  I never really think about stairs or narrow doorways or Braille books or sign language when someone is talking.  Such problems for others ought to be my problem too, if I want to be a person of service.  Start with compassion.  Can a deaf person attend one of my talks?  How about stairs and the width of doorways, much less how easy is it to open a door.  Since I am in the church business with its buildings I have begun to consider these things.  Buildings and presentations can become barriers.  But I am also reminded by these same persons that they never let any limitations get in the way of their drinking.  They are good teachers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment