Thursday, December 12, 2019

Bottle Flu

I once had what is called “Bottle Flu.”  It is when you call in and say you are sick on a Monday morning and won’t be in.  In fact you had a hangover or were just out real late with some drinking and a lot of carousing.  You can get fired for bottle flu.  I did.  My life was suddenly such a mess.  Why was that?  I had no clue.  It never occurred to me that lifestyle was an issue that needed to be addressed.  It would seem obvious to a mature adult why I was fired.  I was not a mature adult.  Even that did not occur to me.  I was clueless about being clueless.  Eventually, I had to do two things.  One was an attitude and the other was action.  First, I had to admit that I did not want to live like this any longer.  That step can take a great while of messiness for an immature person.  But that brought me to only one knee. People commit suicide when on only one knee.  The second knee was when I said I was will to do anything to live a better life.  Wanting and doing had to go together for me.  I know people who want a fuller life, but are not willing to do the work, take action.  By the way, being on both knees, that is kinda like prayer.  Must of been some other power that got me to that point and beyond.  Way beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment