Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year

Will it be a happy new year?  As long as I am open to preferences and not “musts” or expectations I think I have a chance for some peace and happiness.  So I try not to have hard and fast resolutions, such as “I will never do this or that again,” or “I will do this and that every day.”  I can have goals, and hopes and then do the work.  But stuff happens over which I have little or no control in 2020.  And what is so different about December 31 and January 1, as far as behavior and attitude is concerned?  Growth is not magic.  I will have to work on a daily basis to do what has helped me in the past.  My issues are not new, so my solutions need not be new.  Ah!  Discipline.  And grace is needed too.  I am so so on discipline but at least I know what I need to do from past experience.  Good stuff happens when I avoid bad stuff on a daily basis.  2020 is a lot like 2019.  One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment