Saturday, January 25, 2020

Lapsed But Listening

I seem to have some appeal to people who used to be with some religious practice, have stopped, thus called lapsed, but are still listening.  To what or why?  Well, they wee not being spiritually fed from their perspective, but they know that they have a hunger for more than just not practicing.  I think recovery programs have a lot of lapsed but listening people.  Their religion as they knew it did not help them in their addiction.  But they sense that they need more than just abstinence from whatever was killing them or destroying their life.  I might be a bad priest for sometimes thinking outside the box, and be that as it might, but it is my spirituality at this time, and I hope I serve a useful purpose to someone(s). I serve the “lapsed but listening.”

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, am grateful for your messages of spirituality and am not only listening but growing as a result. I am thankful that you are not confined to staying in a box as God doesn't live in one either. His love is an action and you carry that message of love to all of us with a selfless heart. I'm so happy for the gift of listening with fresh ears. You are by far the furthest example of a bad priest in my heart and I appreciate your gentle action in helping others...it is a fine example for the rest of us who are listening. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete