Friday, January 10, 2020

Saint Roch

There appears to be a patron saint of dogs.  St. Roch from France.  He was saved from plague death through the care of a dog he did not know.  More interesting is that someone did a study, for what it’s worth, saying 40% of people with dogs hang up a stocking for their dog at Christmas.  Would that be you?  Maybe the other 60% don’t do Christmas or stockings.  I have a Christmas stocking with my name on it.  I hung it outside my office a couple of times and Santa ignored it.  Where I live they don’t do Christmas Stockings.  I felt like the 60%.  I try not to lose hope when I feel ignored.  There is always a message.  Like what?  I am not the center of anyone’s universe.  Or, it is giving that makes me whole not getting.  Or, be humble, and love, even with an empty stocking.  Stuff like that helps me through the tougher days.  Next year though, I am going to find a home where Santa visits and hang my stocking there.

1 comment: