Saturday, January 18, 2020

A Myrrh-Bearer

I want to become a myrrh bearer.  What?  Myrrh is a resin that is produced when a tree is wounded.  It is meant to help heal the tree.  Myrrh is also used as a beauty aide and in burial rites.  So if I am a myrrh bearer kind of person, I am a presence that is healing for others. I want to be a myrrh bearer person kind of friend who helps others to realize how beautiful they are when they are down on themselves or only noticing imperfections.  And I want to be there for when people die, to comfort the mourners and do good funerals.  Death can often bring a lot of wounding to those who live on.  Some days I am a better fragrance than other days!

2 comments:

  1. I believe you already are a great Myrrh-bearer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur! And while your at it, put some Myrrh on your arm so it will heal. 🙂❤️

    ReplyDelete