Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Independent Study

When I was trying to recover from the wreckage of my past behavior, I did it at first as ‘Independent Study.”  That is, I went to meetings, and listened some, but talked to no one at any length or depth, or asked for aide in my search.  I then bought the spiritual book recommended and read it alone.  Then I did some of what it said to do, but alone, no advice, no guidance from another human being.  I  did not get well.  I was a dry rage.  No fun.  So I don’ recommend that you do any spiritual path alone, even if you think you might want to become a hermit.  Live in the middle of a group that is on your path, before you go off into the wild of a cave.  I do not have hermit in me.  I practice group spiritual recovery.  I am a forgetter.  A group or tribe on a spiritual path together always has some rememberers among them.  Sometimes it is even me.

No comments:

Post a Comment