Friday, January 31, 2020

More For The One Who Sees

Think of those magi going into the house where Jesus lived after their long journey following a celestial light.  Great expectations!  What do they see?  A kid, with a peasant mom and a working class carpenter.  Not much, huh?  I guess it depends on how you see.  Lots of times, I think there isn’t much in a situation or even in my own life.  That feeling, “I am not much.”  Life seems pointless, drab, so so.  But there is always more if we can get beneath seeing with the physical eye, and initial feelings.  I find that getting “out of myself” as some say, as in meditation, or a meandering walk, or helping another person, does give me a deeper view of what is going on.  Sharing my ‘Nothingness” can give me new sight as to my value and the sense of worth about life around me.  I guess the magi had the same experience, as they shared their gifts.  We all have gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment