Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Holiness Through What We Have

Staying with yesterday’s blog, how does one become holy who has things?  Not simply by giving some away as in contributing to a charity.  Lots of people do that but holiness, fullness of being eludes them still.  I think two things are necessary.  One is the idea that alone I am never enough to solve issues, deprivations, sufferings.  This gives us humility in spite of our stuff.  Second, is to see what we have can be a blessing if we give it away with love, knowing that it is not enough in quantity.  The love, the attitude, is what makes up for quantity.  To give something away with love requires that it be more personal, more face to face because that is where we see we are never enough on one hand and yet more than enough on the other.  I grow the most holy when I go up to someone or am with someone face to face being of service to that person.  I don’t worry about being the solution.  I seek the holiness that comes with the interaction and proper attitude.  A humble self-giving.

2 comments:

  1. You make my heart full of gratitude each and every day. I thank you for that, Father Ryan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I cannot think of anything else but to reflect on how my heart agrees with your line of thought. I am almost lost for words except by saying that I am blessed to find your columns touch my soul and so comforting. Thank you Fr Ryan!

    ReplyDelete