Wednesday, January 29, 2020

The Light

Sometimes I feel like a black hole as in universe stuff.  A black hole is where gravity is so strong that light cannot escape from the star.  The star is invisible but it exists.  The black hole me is when I have light but am so turned into myself, so self-centered, that I cannot let me light shine for others.  I cannot be of some service or love.  Sometimes, I am like a planet.  A planet has no light of its own.  It is lit by light from elsewhere, a star, like our sun.  The planet me is lit by the love of a friend.  I may feel I am just spinning my life around and they light up my life with their love.  Remember the song, “You light up my life.”  (Quiz: who sang it?).  Then sometimes I am like a bright star.  I shine my light and my warmth onto others.  I have a spiritual process or steps to help take me from black hole to star.  And I have friends along the way, who help me with their light.  Become a star.

1 comment:

  1. You are a light here in Boulder, Father Terry! You should be singing along with Debbie Boone!

    ReplyDelete