Wednesday, June 3, 2020

One Day At A Time +

I have heard the saying, “Live one day at a time,” but I think it means more than that.  I can live one day at a time, being nasty, whining, selfish and so on.  So I add to this saying, “On life’s terms.”  This helps to deal with my potential bad behavior.  For instance, each day presents itself with certain things over which I have no control.  Accept that and then make a decision about what to do.  Don’t ignore reality or turn it into fantasy.  Example: I plan to go on a picnic to the beach.  That is my plan.  But I wake up and it is raining with rain predicted for the day.  Now, if I live today “on life’s terms” I won’t go on my picnic to the beach.  Acceptance of my plans not working out keeps me out of anger, resentment and whining.  Or I could be insane and go the beach, sit on the wet sand and complain about life doing me wrong.  With a cooler of beer I might just do that.  Haven’t been on a wet beach in a long time.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Father Ryan, I enjoyed this very much! It will be a great addition to my new life on dry and sunny beaches. ;)

    ReplyDelete