Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Un-Othered

Sometimes I have the experience of being "un-othered" as someone called it.  What is that?  It is when I suddenly have the sense or realization, interior something, that this other person or bit of nature is not "other" than me, but one with, connected with me such that I don't compete or judge or avoid or ignore the person.  Or I don't see this bit of nature, creation as something that gets in my way, or is ugly.  Even the tree is not just a tree that I am looking at while my ego makes commentary.  In other words, my ego stops being in charge.  Ego is always making separation and judgments.  When I am in this "un-othered" space I am free of fear, resentment and envy.  I am all I need to be and so is the world around me.  It all passes but it tells me that there is something other than my ego driven life.

No comments:

Post a Comment