Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Silence

I am finding that there is a difference between silence and quiet.  Quiet is about having no outside noise, or hardly any.  No talking, media noise, music, traffic and such.  Lots of times I cannot control quiet.  It comes and goes.  So I do my best but don’t fret when I want to mediate.  But silence is always with me and I think with each of us if we can access it.  When my thoughts, feeling, emotions are not longer the focus, I can peer into the silence.  After a meditation or quiet walk outside, I can be surrounded by this silence unless I let my mind take over.  It is not that I have to think of nothing, but that I have to think, plan, do the next thing without drama, or commentary.  Sometimes I wake up and start thinking about all I have to do, or what will go wrong in my agenda today, and so on.  It is quiet, but I have lost touch with the silence.  I am often insane when it is quiet but always sane when in the silence.

1 comment: