Friday, June 5, 2020

The Mind And Tongue

One of the things I have learned is that I can think the wrong thing, and yet say the right thing.  The reason that a spiritual path is called a path is because it makes some space between thought and tongue, so you don’t speak what immediately comes to mind.  My mind seems to have a mind of its own and refuses any spiritual path.  So what.  I never hurt anyone with a thought.  What hurts are words and actions.  More so now, I may still think a judgment, resentment, lie or fear, but somehow I seem to be able to wait a moment, and then speak something else that is more helpful and even loving.  On my good days, I don’t dwell on messy thoughts.  On bad days, that is where I live, but still might be able not to speak or act them out.  That way, I only have to work on myself and not on a broken relationship, or job.  When I pray for “idiots” in my life, they become a bit less dysfunctional for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment