Thursday, January 14, 2021

Interior Highway

 I don’t think my vocation as a Paulist priest is to evangelize people to become Catholics or to come back to the Church.  I am more about interior evangelization.  What?  Well, I have had a religious experience, an interior one on one encounter with Love, and it has led me into the Contemplative Way.  This is what I try to pass on to others in my teaching and my life.  What God has given to me, I try to inspire others to seek. So my ministry has a communal dimension.  My teaching tries to make a highway for the Lord in the hearts of others.  It can include sacraments and scripture, but they are not ends in themselves.  Too many believers take means to be the ends and therefore never know the depth of a relationship they can have with the Divine.  And when a person encounters this in depth one on one experience, beyond words and thoughts, they come to know that they are not alone.  

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more, we are not alone and I am so thankful for the way you teach and live. I grow from all of it and I can't thank you enough. :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete