Sunday, January 31, 2021

All Alone

 Did you ever feel like you were or are all alone?  I have had that from tine to time since I was a boy in the Bronx.  I would go out to play or just go out and no one was around.  One time, or two, I went to the nearby Catholic Church which was always open during the day.  I would sit in a pew by myself in the silence.  You would think this a ramping up of being alone.  But it was not for me.  My mind or feelings might have told me I was alone when I walked into the church.  But I came out feeling connected somehow, to a Presence and to the world around me that had not changed a bit except for the shadows cast by the sun.  From time to time this has happened throughout my life.  Busyness, groups, lifestyle, stuff, all hide or obscure the loneliness.  For me, it is a spiritual solution found in silence and stillness within.  

No comments:

Post a Comment