Monday, February 1, 2021

Bad Priest

 A new Month! Where is my vaccine?  Oh well, on to other thoughts.  If I were a good priest you might think, I would be trying to get people to sign up, commit, join the Catholic Church.  I would be trying to get them to know the rules, rituals, and doctrine.  But alas, I am a bad priest.  I spend my time on internet trying to help people make a highway in their heart for the God I have found in my meditations.  I talk about silence and solitude.  I talk about stillness, taking time to be with oneself, absent a focus on thoughts and words.  No wonder I don’t have a job in a some parish!

1 comment:

  1. I believe that you are Love in action, Father Ryan and I couldn't be more grateful for all the tools I have been given through reading your blog. I don't believe my recovery would be what it is, or my relationship with God be as close as it is, were it not for finding this blog so early in my sobriety. I had to laugh when you said "bad priest" because nothing could be further from the truth in my opinion. :) Thanks for all that you teach and share every day - you help more than you realize. Lots of love, hugs and sunshine across the miles. :)

    ReplyDelete