Friday, February 26, 2021

The Steps

 Each day, early on, I must take certain steps in order for the wheels not to come off my life as I roll along.  I call it a spiritual practice.  Even my stretching, yoga is part of the steps I take in order to stay balanced in body and heart, the inner and the outer.  What might happen if I avoid all these steps?  Well, a certain discomfort will arise and build.  I will feel out of sorts, disconnected with myself, and then with the world around me.  Then soon enough, my next step might be my last.  So I tend to stay vigilant.  It is good to know your demons.  They are cunning.  Alone, I will not do well against them hiding wherever they are.  So my spiritual practice is to stay in touch with what someone called “Ultimate Reality.”  Sounds pretty powerful, so that is why I seek its help each day, early on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment