Sunday, February 14, 2021

Valentine’s Day

 This used to be one of my unhappiest days.  If I did not have a Valentine, that special someone, I would tank and feel like a loser.  My Mom always sent me a Valentine.  And I tried to remember to send her one too.  I was a good son but not much of a boyfriend material, I guess.  Well, all that is in the past.  I feel loved today by people out there in Covid/Zoom regions.  Internet has helped.  And I feel good that I don’t have to wake up and frantically check the internet to see if I am loved.  I feel secure.  But enough about me, or there is never enough!  Whatever.  How about you today?  You are never alone.  God and my blogs are with you every day.  So on behalf of God, in case you don’t believe, I say, “I love you.”  And I say it for me to you too.  And by not sending Valentine cards you give the stressed out Post Office a chance to rest.  I am still waiting for my January copies of monthly stuff that got mailed out in December, but never showed up.  

3 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday and Valentine's day, Father Ryan! :) Even though we don't really celebrate Valentine's day around my house - probably a result of always working on them for about 20 years- we do take care to let our kids know that any day is one to be celebrated with love. Every day you are in my heart even if an everyday card hasn't arrived yet. ;) I wish you a very happy day doing whatever makes your heart smile - you're not alone either and I'm so thankful for you. Sending lots of love, hugs, gratitude and prayers across the miles. Stay warm! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine’s Day to you, Terry!!!
    from a smiling reader of your blogs-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day to you, Fr. Terry, from your blog-fan at OSM in SF!

    ReplyDelete