Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Temporary

 Someone said, “I can do anything if it is just temporary.”  I find this very helpful to get me to do something.  If I think about doing something forever, or long term, it might seem so daunting that I will make an excuse to do nothing.  I can don something for today a lot easier than I can do something forever. I am much less likely to fail or become inconsistent if I do it “just for today.”   Today I will meditate.  Today, I will not eat chocolate.  OK, that is a too much.  If someone wants help I can say I will help today. Today I can be of service.  Long range I begin to develop goals or plans for how my efforts will pay off.  But if my plans don’t work then I might drop it all together.  “Just for today” has worked for me, one day at a time for a long time.  Who’d a thought!

1 comment:

  1. Fr. Terry, that was a great and true observation. It is better, and easier, to inch ahead in life than to make broad jumps.

    ReplyDelete