Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Cardboard box

 If you have a valuable treasure you should not put it into a valuable looking box that will attract someone like a thief.  Better to put it into a old cardboard box.  No one would bother with it.  So it is with people who are quite spiritually advanced.  It is a treasure, but they don't make a big deal of themselves, or call attention to themselves: "Look at how Holy I am!"  I often miss the most advanced people because they hide right before my eyes.  Religious leaders in their long dresses, or expensive suits/dresses, and their entourages, big stages call attention to themselves.  But are they holy?  I cannot judge.  I am trying to get holy hidden away in this monastery.  So far, I have only managed to be hidden away.  Oh well, one day at a time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment