Saturday, February 27, 2021

Save Or Destroy

Jesus of Nazareth asked, "Is it better to save life rather than to destroy it?" Faced with this question we often think of physical death and killing.  But I realize that I must fave this question each day.  How?  I can destroy someone by making a judgment about them to their face and then treating them as less than worthy of respect and attention.  A harsh word, ignoring them, asking them why they do what I consider a bad thing, and so on.  It would be easy for me to love perfect people, but I must love the people around me, and I don't always choose who they are.  If a person is having a bad day or does mess up, I can respond in a loving way rather than in a harsh fashion or reprimand or dismissal.  I try to keep this in mind when a negative energy spontaneously arises in me.  Wait.  Pause.  Let Love have a chance to get out front and then respond.  

No comments:

Post a Comment