Sunday, February 28, 2021

Unimportance

 I have the gift of unimportance.  No one seeks me out.  When Covid passes, I suspect it will be about the same.  I feel sorry for gurus and such people as Jesus of Nazareth.  In the Gospels, people are coming from far and wide to seek Jesus to cure them of sickness and hear him talk.  He is crushed by the crowds and has little time for himself.  I have the best of both worlds.  People say they miss me, but that does not mean they would come up here to the monastery to seek me.  They might like to see me, say hello, but in the orbit of their own everyday lives.  So be glad if you are nothing special.  God still loves you and certainly in my religion has gone way out of the divine way to let me know I am loved.  Or maybe that is the divine way.  Celebrate your gifts and talents, but don’t let pride make a drama of your life, that no one seeks you out.  Loneliness is not an absence of people.  It is feeling isolated among people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment