Monday, March 1, 2021

Fist Bumps

 OMG!  It is March 1.  Was it not a year ago that we stopped shaking hands, and did fist bumps and elbow bumps.  Soon there was the scramble for masks and toilet paper.  Disease Control people said said it would be a year or more before we had a vaccine.  Well, I have had my two shots and it is looking like there may be some end to the Covid life as we know it.  Where did that year go?  If you were future-living, or drama-living, or poor-me living, the days dragged on like an eternity.  I tried to live it one day at a time.  I made no future plans.  I have no vacation rental plans or airline tickets, or promises to be somewhere on such a date.  If I can live today, there is plenty to enjoy, though I have lost friends to Covid.  I am alive, and not living in some addiction.  I have this day to avoid living in “heart-storms.” And I certainly don’t want to return to what was called normal life, before Covid.  That was too frenetic, too busy.  And all those things you could no longer do while in Covid shutdown?  How many of them did you really miss?  

No comments:

Post a Comment