Monday, March 29, 2021

Mother Nature

 I am thinking about humility.  It is the virtue that helps us to recognize we are all in the same boat, no one better than another.  Mother Nature seems to be better able to help keep humility in mind in than even religion.  For a while in February Texas was a Third World Country.  It had no power, potable water, electricity, lighting, heat.  It was the same for everyone.  Economic status is not able to escape or avoid the change in climate.  South Texas was humbled a few years ago, I think 2017 with the big deluge of rain that had nowhere to go.  Everyone was helping everyone else and people were literally in the same boat trying not to drown.  There is no high ground for rich people in South Texas near the Gulf.  Many people ignore the fact that we are earthlings on the same planet and this planet has a say about how things are going to be.  You can ignore but you cannot escape.  So today I reflect on my smallness but at the same time remind myself that I can do something in my own daily life to make things better.  I am small but I still count if I want to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment